- Create an account: Create a Sema4 account and answer a few questions about family health history and the child who will be screened.
- A doctor approves your order: A doctor* reviews the information you provided to ensure that Sema4 Natalis is appropriate for your child. If your test request is not approved for any reason, you will not be charged.
- Receive your kit in the mail: A DNA collection kit is mailed directly to your home, including simple step-by-step instructions to help guide you through the cheek swab process.
- Collect and ship samples: Collect a DNA sample from the child, as well as any optional samples from the biological parents. Then, register your kit online and ship the samples to the Sema4 lab.
- Get answers in ~2 weeks: We sequence and analyze your child’s DNA at our advanced CLIA-certified lab. This usually takes about 2 weeks from the time the sample is received at our lab.
- Review results: Once the analysis is complete, a genetic counselor may contact you and your pediatrician to explain the results and provide guidance on next steps. You can also access the results at any time through your Sema4 account.
*Sema4 has partnered with an independent network of doctors and genetic counselors, called PWN, to ensure that everyone who orders Sema4 Natalis has access to clinical oversight and expert counseling throughout the testing process.